Thursday, October 15, 2015

Washer Blues: Part the First



Oh dear! I see I forgot to finish the sage of our new washer and dryer! How remiss of me!

So-- several thousand dollars later we had the necessary electrical and plumbing connections to finally hook up the fancy washer and dryer which stood idle for three or four months while we continued to take our clothing to the laundromat.

Seriously-- if you don't live around here, laundromats are as scarce as hens' teeth! Back in Atlanta there's one on just about every corner-- here there's maybe one in every town. And they're expensive.

But back to the long-neglected saga of our washer and dryer.

With the necessary connections in place and the washer and dryer hooked up, I put a load of dirty clothing in the washer and turned it on-- a process that was rather mystifying because of the many options and selections. I found a setting that sounded reasonable, added soap, and hoped for the best..

Things went well until the tub began to spin. Within seconds the stacked washer and dryer were bucking and heaving around the floor like a three-year-old gelding that had been hit with electric spurs. I managed to turn the machine off before the hoses were yanked out.

When Heather got home from work I gave her the bad news. Of course she had to try it herself. Surprise! The same thing happened.

We did out best to level the stack-- which wasn't easy, considering the clowns who had brought it in had broken one of the leveling feet. More bucking.

Back to the laundromat.

Noooooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Jersey Expert

So, the guy on the right is an expert. And by expert, I mean an expert on everything in a Jersey accent.  Don't believe me? Just ask...