Thursday, May 4, 2017

A New Jersey Expert


So, the guy on the right is an expert. And by expert, I mean an expert on everything in a Jersey accent.  Don't believe me? Just ask him. He'll tell you.

Of course people like him are everywhere, but the Jersey accent just clinches it.

I encountered him when I walked into Moe's on Hwy. 23 for a burrito. He was expounding on the universe when I went in and still at it when I left. I thought it was interesting so I sat at a table and "checked my iPhone." That's my swag bag on the table.

To be fair, he was apparent hired to make sure the empty storefront next to Moe's was ready for occupancy, but while he waited for the Moe's manager he was experting on this and experting on that to the poor guy who had come with him. The other guy said little.

Also to be fair, Moe's had tree or four unnecessarily huge tables on the sidewalk, partially blocking the entrance to the space next door and even making it difficult to approach Moe's itself. When the manager came out Mr. Expert told him that wouldn't do, which indeed it wouldn't. The manager, useless to the bone, wasn't understanding the tables were too damn big. He half listened, then called two employees out to move the tables to block the Moe's entrance even more and, shitheel, went inside to lounge in his office rather than helping them. When the employees, who could have cared less, finished and went inside, the expert went back to experting on another topic.

I know I shouldn't have lingered, but the expert on everything was interesting to listen to. I wish the audio recording I made had turned out okay, but he was too far away to hear much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Jersey Expert

So, the guy on the right is an expert. And by expert, I mean an expert on everything in a Jersey accent.  Don't believe me? Just ask...